- Is responsible for the organization’s overall operation, planning, personnel, and management.
- Provides leadership and direction to support AgHS’s programs, mission, and vision.
- Builds relationships with contributors and fundraisers by offering opportunities to make a positive impact for pets in need in the Brazos Valley.
- Develop and implement policies.
- Recruit and lead management personnel.
- Provide succession planning to ensure AgHS’s long-term viability.
- Monitor and evaluate for quality control/quality assurance AgHS’s various services.
- Handle all legal matters in coordination with board president.
- Prepare the annual budget; sign checks and contracts; and transfer stocks, bonds, and funds to cover daily operational expenses.
- Represent AgHS to contributors and the general community to communicate the goals and needs of the organization.
- Develop, cultivate, and sustain relationships with community donors to provide long-term sustainability for AgHS.
- Respond to concerns about the AgHS’s position on public issues, and ensure all correspondence complies with shelter guidelines and standards.
- Collaborate with AgHS’s Development Department, assigning donor relationships for stewardship.
- Prepare agenda items, information, reports, and recommendations to the board.
- Attend board and board committee meetings.
- Uphold AgHS’s Base Code of Conduct at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience and training. Master’s or doctoral degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive nonprofit management and supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of public health and safety issues in animal welfare.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot difficult situations and organizational changes.
- Experience developing and managing significant organizational budgets and contracts.
- Extensive fundraising experience with demonstrated major gift and capital campaign experience preferred.
For more information about this position or to suggest a prospective candidate, contact:
Board of Directors, Aggieland Humane Society
All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter summarizing your qualifications as they relate to the position description to firstname.lastname@example.org.