JOB SCOPE: Tasked with planning and implementing grant programs, researching and applying for funding opportunities, monitoring expenditures, identifying support agencies, tracking results, and analyzing financial data to ensure compliance and grant reporting is conducted effectively and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and support the grant requirements and implementation for Burleson County
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process
- Perform relevant research to identify available grant opportunities and evaluate the results
- Responsible for grant writing and submittal of grant applications by working with county departments to obtain information as needed
- Provide guidance on grant implementation according to the operational and financial needs of the County
- Inform the department heads and elected officials about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities
- Assist County Auditor and County Judge in preparation of financial or budget plans and allocation in accordance with each grant requirement
- Analyze the budget trends and make recommendations for cost control and reduction for various grants
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs
- Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for all grant related activities for submission to the County Auditor as requested
- Provide training and supervision, as needed, to new staff on grants management and reporting requirements
- Attend and participate in meetings, training and information sessions; Create a high-quality work culture through participation in and emphasis on training and mentoring to develop leadership, management, and technical skills in self.