Athletic Trainer - Full-time - $2,500 Sign-on Bonus
Under the supervision of the Director of Sports Medicine, the Athletic Trainer is responsible for the management of multiple functions in support of The Physicians Centre Hospital (TPCH) and BVPA. These functions include, but are not limited to: marketing/outreach, building relationships with all area athletic program directors and coaches; athlete point of contact; Saturday morning clinic; Friday night game presence; building and maintaining physician relations and service coordination. Performs all other duties as assigned. Projects a professional demeanor and appearance while maintaining the confidentiality of patients, coworkers, and The Physicians Centre Hospital as appropriate. Works under stress and in situations that demand patience and tact while providing impeccable service.
May be expected to lift up to 50 pounds. May be expected to push or pull 500 pounds with assistance. Work is of high demand; sitting, walking and standing most of the time while on duty. Visual and auditory acuity and manual dexterity essential to performing designated duties required: optimal auditory acuity required; manual dexterity involving the handling of equipment and computers is essential to performing assigned duties. Physical conditions are clean, neat and well lit. May be subjected to stressful situations. Hours of duty may be irregular or unexpectedly extended.
OSHA Exposure Classification:
Job Category III. Tasks/activities do not entail predictable or unpredictable exposure to blood or other body fluids to which universal precautions apply.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Ability:
- Demonstrated eligibility for employment in the United States
- Texas Licensed Athletic Trainer
- Must be able to achieve CPR certification within 30 days of employment.
- Ability to relate and work effectively with others
- Demonstrated skills in verbal and written English communications for safe and effective use of chemicals, cleaning agents and safety instructions.
- Willingness to participate in goal-setting and educational activities for own growth and advancements.
- Demonstrated verbal communication skills in English for contacting vendors, corporate personnel and coworkers.
- Ability to use office machines and telephone systems.