Front/Back Office Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Front/Back Office Coordinator
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Greet patients upon arrival and check patients in on a daily basis.
- Collect all co-pays from patients if applicable.
- Obtain photo ID and insurance card to be scanned into system.
- Check patients out as needed to assist with patient flow.
- Prepare deposits.
- Prepare end-of-day batch sheet.
- Prepare encounters and SOAP notes for the following business day.
- Create new patient chart in SOAP upon patients arrival.
- Send all paperwork to appropriate departments via inter-office mail.
- Book appointments in HST system when applicable.
- Confirm appointments for the following business day.
- Assist with office duties that can be performed at the check-in desk.
- Assist with maintaining a pristine office.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Direct supervision from Practice Administrator and Office Supervisor.
Must arrive prior to start time in order to become situated before patient's arrival.
Perform all office duties required.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma, with 1-2 years experience in healthcare background
Knowledge of clinic policies and procedures.
Knowledge of computer systems, programs.
Knowledge of medical terminology.
Must be able to multi-task.
Must be able to express compassion and kindness to patients calling and being seen in the office.
Must maintain a professional and upbeat attitude.
Skill in written and verbal communication and customer relations.
Ability to work effectively with medical staff, Management, authorizations, external agencies, and patients.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal busy office environment with much patient contact. Occasional evening or weekend work.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve.