Under the supervision of the Director of Business Operations, is responsible for assuring that concierge duties are accurately performed in completion of, but not limited to, the following areas: responsible as multi-line telephone operator; overhead page systems; answers all incoming calls and direct to the appropriate person or department for efficient resolution; directs customers to the proper area of hospital, to ensure the smooth transitioning of patients through the services they require, including making sure patients get to their rooms or service areas (with assistance if necessary). Performs all other duties as assigned. Upholds business office philosophy and objectives while adhering to federal and state guidelines including CMS, Medicare, and OIG requirements. Projects a professional demeanor and appearance while maintaining the confidentiality of patients, and coworkers. Maintain good communications with all staff and internal and external customers, such as keeping the Director of Business Operations advised of any problems. Works under stress and in situations that demand patience and tact while providing impeccable service.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Ability:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Demonstrates eligibility for employment in the United States.
• Demonstrates ability to relate and work effectively with others.
• Demonstrates skills in verbal and written English communications.
• Demonstrates willingness to participate in goal-setting and educational activities for own growth and advancements.
• Demonstrates verbal communication skills in English and has Language Line accessibility for interacting with patients, callers and coworkers.
• Demonstrates computer skills in utilizing word processing, integrated database and other functions.
• Demonstrates ability to use office machines and telephone systems.
• Prior experience in front desk operations preferred.
May be expected to lift up to 25 pounds or up to 150 pounds with assistance. Lifting patients in some cases. May be expected to push or pull 500 pounds with assistance. Work is of light demand; sitting or walking most of the time while on duty. Visual and auditory acuity and manual dexterity essential to performing designated duties required: optimal auditory acuity required; manual dexterity involving the handling of equipment and computers is essential to performing assigned duties. Physical conditions are clean, neat and well-lit. May be subjected to stressful situations. Climate control and ambient temperature variances may be experienced associated with a normal office environment.
OSHA Exposure Classification:
Job Category III. Tasks/activities do not entail predictable or unpredictable exposure to blood or other body fluids to which universal precautions apply.