Vehicle Operator-CDL, Full-Time
Position Title: Vehicle Operator- CDL - The job of vehicle operator is to transport passengers in a safe, courteous manner observing and complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
Location: Bryan/College Station
Position Available: Immediately
Qualifications: Must have Class B CDL with Passenger Endorsement. Must be able to pass DOT physical and drug screen.
• Operate Heavy Duty Fixed Route Diesel Buses in Bryan/College Station.
• Operate transit vehicle safely and smoothly to transport passengers. Following prescribed route and time schedule.
• Assists in emergency evacuations as assigned and performs other related work as required.
• Assure compliance to all applicable (CDL) and DOT laws and regulations.
• Assure cleanliness of vehicles.
• Follow instructions from Dispatch and supervisory personnel and communicate any problems to dispatch.
• Complete daily vehicle pre/post trip inspections. Conducts operational vehicle inspections.
• Maintain good customer/employee/supervisor relations.
• Report for duty promptly in proper uniform and physical condition and be ready to work any route assigned.
• Provide information to passengers in a helpful, courteous, efficient manner; use proper etiquette to assist passengers with disabilities.
• Ensure customer pays proper fares when boarding the bus.
• Prepare and complete all required logs and reports including reports on traffic accidents and customer incidents.
• Utilize the communication systems (cell phones, radios and MDT’s) in accordance with BTD policies. Operate a two-way radio system in accordance with the regulations of the Federal Communication Commission (FCC).
• On fixed routes make stop announcements to passengers upon approaching prescribed destinations.
• Use correct safety procedures to operate lift, secure wheelchairs, scooters and other assistive devices.
Education and Experience
• Equivalence to a high school education.
• Maintain a class B CDL with passenger endorsement, for a vehicle GVWR of 26,001 pounds or more.
• Must be able to speak and read English.
• Legible handwriting.
• Ability to understand simple instructions.
• CDL training.
• Must be able to read maps and follow directions.
• Must be familiar with State and local traffic laws, ordinances, and regulations involved in the operation of vehicles.
• 30 Days of hands on operation of passenger vehicle as defined by Class B CDL with passenger endorsement.
Posting Date: 5/10/2022
Closing Date: Until Filled
Posting #: 559-2022
Brazos Transit District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, national origin, or physical disability unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification. If you believe you have been discriminated against, you should notify the EEO Officer or the EEO Commission. Brazos Transit District is a Drug & Alcohol-Free Workplace.