WRI Tractors, an agricultural equipment sales and service store in Bryan, Texas, is seeking a Field Mechanic. Both agricultural professionals and do-it-yourself landowners in Bryan/College Station turn to WRI Tractors for their equipment needs.
The Field Mechanic reports to the Service Manager and is responsible for troubleshooting and repairing customer equipment at customer location. The Field Mechanic ensures that customer equipment is repaired to the highest standards for customer satisfaction.
- Independently troubleshoot, diagnose, and accurately repair equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment
- Inspect and test all equipment prior to customer release
- Record repairs made, time spent, and parts used
- Makes recommendations as to repairs meeting warranty criteria
- 5+ years of experience in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing various types of tractors, to include mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems
- 5+ years of hay field experience in repairing round and square balers, self-propelled hay cutters, tedders, and rakes
- Ability to use computer software for troubleshooting, service manuals, and parts look up
- Attention to detail
- Must be available for on-call schedule as needed
- Requires lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying a minimum of 50 lbs
- Requires sitting, standing, grasping, reaching, walking, stooping, and crouching
- Valid Texas Driver license and acceptable motor vehicle record
- Must be 21+ years of age
WRI Tractors employees receive competitive pay in addition to paid time off & excellent insurance benefits. Applicants must pass a criminal background check, pre-employment drug screen, and driver record check.